Barbara moved to San Francisco from Australia in 1980 after touring 18 months across Europe and the USA. Barbara has worked for 35 years as an illustrator for architects and real estate offices, The Karen Brown Travel Guide series, Sunset Magazine, The San Francisco Academy of Sciences, Sydneys’ Taronga Park Zoo and non profit organizations.
In 2012 Barbara began painting outdoors. Current personal painting projects are about the agricultural landscape focusing on the Sacramento and Salinas Valleys. Her studio is the great outdoors. Barbara participates in plein air events across the country during the year.
- Faculty at The Streamline Plein Air Conventions, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
- Signature Member of California Watercolor Association, Juried Member of Watercolor West, Member of California Art Club, LPAPA, San Diego Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, American Women Artists, American Impressionist Society.
- Honorable Mention Watercolor, Plein Air Salon April 2022
- 3rd Place Laguna Plein air Painters Association Annual Waterworks May 2022
- 1st Place Best in Show Winner Capitola Plein Air Event Nov 2021
- Mendocino Paint Out, Honorable Mention Sept 2021
- Frank Bette Plein Air Paint Out, Merit Award August 2021
- People’s Choice Award, LPAPA Annual Waterworks Exhibition 2021