Richard McKinley has been a professional working artist / teacher for over 40 years. His work is represented in several national galleries and is in the permanent collection of the Butler Institute of American Art Museum (Ohio), City of Albuquerque (New Mexico), and the Hang Ming Shi Museum (China). He holds artist membership at the Salmagundi Club in NYC and has participated in their American Masters Exhibition. He holds Master Pastelist designation with the Pastel Society of America and in 2010 was inducted into their Hall of Fame at the National Arts Club in NYC. In 2012, Richard was designated Pastel Laureate by the Pastel Society of the West Coast. His oil and pastel paintings have been featured in numerous National / International art publications including: Southwest Art, American Artist, Workshop magazine, Artist magazine, Practique des Arts (France), and since 2003 has been a frequent contributing editor to Pastel Journal. He has been featured in 7 instructional DVDs and included in numerous art books. Years of his published materials were compiled in 2010 by North Light publications into the bestselling book: “Pastel Pointers, Top Secrets for Beautiful Pastel Paintings”. In 2015 a coffee table sized book; “The Landscape Paintings of Richard McKinley” featuring over 100 of Richard’s pastel and oil paintings with commentary was published by North Light Books.
- Signature Master Pastelist Pastel Society of America (2010 Hall of Fame Honoree)
- Signature Distinguished Pastelist Pastel Society of the West Coast (2012 Pastel Laureate Inductee)
- Master Circle International Association of Pastel Societies (Elected President of Association in 2017)
- Honorary Member Degas Pastel Society
- Artist Member Salmagundi Club of NYC