Alvaro Castagnet is one of today’s most highly respected master watercolour artists in the world.
Born in Montevideo, Uruguay, he is a member of the most distinguished art societies around the world. Has been recognized with top honours and medals in major international art competitions.
Alvaro is an expressive painter with a strong and impacting style, capturing the very soul of the location he paints.
He regularly contributes to acclaim International art publications. Alvaro is a highly respected international author, tutor, speaker & sought after judge. His works grace the walls of many private and corporate collectors worldwide.
Alvaro’s work, biography and signature products can be found www.alvarocastagnet.net
Alvaro’s Demo & Materials List
- Paints: Daniel Smith, Holbein
- French Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Cerulean Blue
- Organic Vermillion
- Alizarin Crimson
- Burnt Sienna Light
- Hansa Yellow Deep
- Yellow Ochre
- Pyrrol Red
- Neutral Tint
- Mayan Orange (NO)
- Green Turquoise
- Titanium White (Daniel Smith)
- Jaune Brilliant #1 (Holbein)
- Lavender (Holbein)
- Brown Madder
- Pyrrol Orange (Daniel Smith)
- Brushes: Alvaro’s Signature Brushes made of Premier Squirrel hair, soft and very absorbent, with long handles. # 10, 6, 4, 2, 0 and 00)
- 1 rigger or needle point for fine details and lines (like Alvaro’s #8)
- Small synthetic brushes # 4, 5, 6 (for fine detail work) or 8,10 & 12 (Alvaro’s Escoda Set)
- Paper: Arches or Saunders Waterford 300 grams / 140 p Rough texture off white